Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Movement and growing belly!!

So...I am over half way now....20 weeks and counting! Crazy how time does fly by.  I have a feeling the second half will go by faster with work getting busy, Christmas, the new year...and then only a few months!

I am now feeling movement.  A couple weeks ago I thought I have felt something one night...but it was fleeting and didn't happen again. It was different from any other sensation...so I figured it must be the baby moving.  Many had said it would feel like gas bubbles or nervous stomach.  For me....it's literally like someone flick me from the inside....huh...funny eh:)  If I had to describe it, I would say it's like a muscle that pulses and twitches out of the blue.  Since that first time it was occurred more often, more in the evening or when I am still.  I didn't realize initially that babies protect themselves and stay still while we are moving (or they are lulled to sleep) and then move when we are still...so they don't get hurt.  Interesting...  So..yes..our little bambino is letting me know more he/she is there.  Dennis hasn't had a chance to feel it yet as the movement isn't always consistent.   It is such a cool and weird feeling all at once.    I will admit..I poke back a bit to see if I can get a response...nothing yet!!


As for my growing belly, it is. A week ago I posted a picture for those bugging me on facebook.  As expected jokes were thrown around about "where is it??" Well for me there was a little bump.  Since then I think I have grown mover over the past week.  Everyone at work was commenting last week.  I am by no means huge and with baggy clothes it is hard to tell...but there is definitely a belly there.  My jeans agree! THEY no longer fit. I was able to stay a bit in denial with scrubs and stretchy pants at work, but as my shirts appeared to be shrinking in length, my pants were in width. So I have cracked into the maternity stash given to me by a friend and have had my first shopping spree.  I had coupons that expired for Thyme....I must say came out with quite a bit at a great price! Dennis was a trooper and sat there giving me advice on what looked good or not.  The whole pretend belly thing you strap on is interesting....how am I going to sit down and tie my shoes!!?:) ha!  Let alone work...time will tell.  Anyway...was fun.  There are some cute maternity clothes.  I will admit though...they aren't cheap full price...glad I don't dress up for work. Scrubs and yoga style pants for this girl!   Will post a new belly pic soon....where you can see my belly....

No comments:

Post a Comment