Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Just wanted to send a wish out to all the mother's reading my blog...and to those hopeful mothers if you are out there.   I was doing some reflection on being a mom.    I may not be a mom yet but I feel like I am in a way.    I listen to many friends, family and colleagues talking about how you would do anything for your children, give up anything, how your life has changed so much since have kids, how they make you happy and sad and yes cry too.  In a way I feel I have already done this for my child to be..  I have given up many things and tried many things, put my body and mind through many things on our quest for a baby.    So I caution those who say to parents without children , "you will understand when you have kids" when you talk about frustration and sleepless nights, when you talk about giving up things during your pregnancy, etc.  We do understand...just in a different way.

 For many "mom's in the making"  mother's day is a reminder of what we don't have...and sometimes it can be frustrating.  But....it can be inspirational too. If you start to listen to stories...you hear and read about all the hope and success stories out there.  There are many different routes and versions....but there is a light at the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment