Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Deciphering fact and fiction

Some of you may have read in the news recently about complaints about Dr Franks & Dr Martin.  I was aware of Dr Franks suspension before she joined SOFT, reviewed the concerns on the College of Physicians and surgeons and felt confident in proceeding.  She didn't have any involvement with anything invasive so I was comfortable with that.  Most of my interactions on a whole are with the nurses...and Dr Martin mainly for the physician.

The following is the article published earlier this week about Dr Martin.

http://www.am980.ca/2014/05/21/18983/

When i first read it I was quite upset.  Would this effect our California process?  We have just finished our legal piece and we are now waiting for the clinic in California to let us know the next steps.  I was worried that all our work, all of preparing would be for nothing.  I had started to get excited....but now...would things continue??  I contacted one of the SOFT nurses and was reassured it was business as usual.

SOFT has made a formal reply.  See their facebook page for more information and comments from many of their patients.   https://www.facebook.com/SouthernOntarioFertilityTechnologies.


Here is a link to  their statement:
http://soft-infertility.com/DrMartinMay%2020_2014.pdf

After reading this and speaking with the nurses at SOFT I feel much better.  I  do not know for sure the truth, but I know that I trust SOFT and they have not steered me wrong.  They have always been clear about risks and benefits of all suggested procedures.  I have always been a part of decisions and felt that my best interests and safety were always considered.  It is unfortunate that Dr Martin will not be practicing as he has helped so many families become families....the commetsvon facebook and the foot prints and hand prints on the boards at SOFT are testaments to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment