Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Moving forward......

We have been waiting for information about our Egg donor cycle, not knowing when for sure we would be proceeding, stalling with booking vacation and coverage at work.  Basically our summer has and still is unplanned.  BUT....we are moving forward.

Just recently we got an email that the California clinic is ready to proceed.. YIKES!!   This is exciting...but now it starts to get real.  My initial reaction was in my gutt...the realization that we are heading in the right direction.....that  We are going to have a baby!!  Then I got nervous...what if it doesn't work, what if we put all this effort, emotion, time and money.... and it doesn't work...will I cope emotionally????   Then I started to feel guilty about leaving a new job so soon for at least a month.  I know what all of you will say...it is our time, work is work, they will be fine. I know that.....but my new colleagues don't know our situation and many are already off.  So...they will be VERY busy.  This doesn't mean we won't do it.  It means I will probably tell our story to more people. ....not because I feel I have to...but so they understand.  So...yes crazy brain again...swirling in many directions and not always rational.

At this point we have a 32 page document to read through and sign, consents, etc.  We have decide things like what we do with extra embryo's if one of us dies, if both of us die, do we consent to all the medical procedures, etc, etc.   We have also been given a general idea of the financial information and what we will owe...ouch!!   The Cali clinic has assigned us an attorney in California. We have more papers (retainer) to read and get faxed off.  It is all kind of scary and overwhelming. (Makes me realize what our patients must sometime feel like.)  I really dislike lawyer talk and some of the comments make me worry about the "iron cladness" that the clinic told us things are.  I guess unfortunately there are loop holes in everything. All we can do is make sure it is the best it can be.  I believe it will be a legal contract between us and the anonymous donor about rights, etc.  Important stuff

So...lots of reading for us, lots to sign and get faxed off!  I believe once all the LEGAL stuff is done...we will have more firm dates!!  YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment