Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

Meeting my Midwife

Had our first midwife appointment today. Yes...it is labour day but she said she was on call..so why not see people.  First impression were great!! First off her name is Leanne...enough said!:)  Seriously though we both liked her personality and I just have a good vibe from her.  With our first pregnancy we went to our intake meeting but then miscarried.  The other midwife was nice but I just didn't feel comfortable walking out of there, like I did today. Maybe my body sensed what was happening...who knows.  She seems lovely, the appointment was thorough but fairly quick.  The best part is we got to hear the heart beat again! yay!  That will tide me over for another week till our 12 week prenatal screen ultrasound and bloodwork.  I was getting a bit nervous and anxious. Yes, things have been good so far....but the 12 week was our blind side shock last time...so I think some nerves are reasonable.

As an aside...here is an article SOFT posted on their facebook page. It talks about adoption but much of what the article says is how I sort of feel at times.  Nervous to allow yourself to be happy and experience the psychological joys of pregnancy...interesting read..http://www.resolve.org/family-building-options/adoption/preparing-for-parenthood-via-adoption.html


No comments:

Post a Comment