Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Update...

Been awhile since I have wrote so thought I would keep people updated and clarify a few things.
Nothing really exciting happening lately.  The clinic in California needed some blood work, swabs and a saline infused ultrasound to check out my uterus.  I had not had this done before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  If you are interested in details...check out this web page...it's pretty accurate.

http://www.dreamababy.com/downloads/Saline%20Infusion%20Sonography%20(SIS)%20Patient%20Information.pdf

To prep for this...I had to first get a period.  Easy..right?  Well, at the time I was at least 7-8 weeks with no period.  I initially thought a miracle had happened and I was pregnant.  Nope!  Blood work was normal...just my body being my body!  Could be different reasons for this...my body is confused with all it has been through over the past year or so...or could be the beginning of my pre-menopause stuff.  Really...other than not being able to try naturally....was kind of nice!!  Anyway, it really was an easy fix...on birth control for 10 days...then I got my period.    I wasn't sure what to expect for the procedure itself. I had visions of my uterus be pumped full of saline, feeling bloated and seeing something on the ultrasound screen like my bladder when it was full.  It was actually pretty quick and painless. They used a catheter to insert the saline while a internal ultrasound was done.  The worst was having the pap done and speculum inserted....the joys of being a woman eh!:)

So..now I am back on birth control.  This sort of puts my body in limbo/a standstill so to speak.  We are just waiting to hear back from California regarding our schedule for the summer.  

I have had a few questions about this whole egg donor thing.   Basically our donor will go through the first half of the IVF process up to retrieval of the eggs.  Dennis' sperm will be used to fertilize.  Then embryo's will be transferred into me.  So...I get to carry!  So, they aren't mine genetically but I get that bonding time for 9 months!  Fingers crossed!!!  If you have any questions let me know..  I will likely get into the whole process more as we go through it...

No comments:

Post a Comment