Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Protecting my heart

"You must be so excited!!!"  I keep hearing this comment over and over from everyone.  Don't get me wrong I love all the support, love and energy from all of you.    And ...yes, of course I am excited.  We have been waiting for a long time for this opportunity, for higher odds of having a family of our own.  We are super excited to be away and have a vacation too!

Another part of me however is scared, nervous and cautious.  I know that the odds are for us...but nothing is a guarantee.  To some this may sound negative, but to protect my heart I need to be realistic.  I need to be prepared for the good...and the bad....  To be honest I probably won't be truly excited till we get to the 12 week ultrasound.    It is quite a balancing act at times and not everyone understands or gets it.

So...fingers, toes and everything in between crossed!!!   Less than a week till we leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment