Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Beta battle F.E.T.

I know many of you have been waiting to get an update. I waited a bit till we made sure certain people were told.      I went for blood work on Thursday morning. They do what is called a "beta" test or a test of my HcG levels....fancy term for blood test.  I still wasn't sure that morning either way if I was pregnant or not.  I was feeling tired, but again maybe because of travelling. The only odd symptoms I have been feeling have been hot and cold flashes, chills at night and a bit of cramping.  Apparently those are symptoms for some.

SO.... our result on Thursday was 258. Much lower than we had for Callen but anything over 80 is good.   I have to stop comparing but it's hard not to. So...yay!!    I am excited but of course cautiously.....it's still very early.  Saturday was our follow up beta and our number was 479!! So, it's going up...which is great!  Dennis asked if lower numbers means one.....who knows...possibly.

Next step is an early ultrasound a week tomorrow.  We will find out then if one or two.  Eeek! 

Back to work tomorrow...see how this goes. I have been enjoying my afternoon naps since being home....wonder if I can fit that into my schedule??Ha!! 

Thanks for everyone's support. Please remember though this is very early. I am keeping my followers on here up to date but many do not know yet, including some family. So please don't post anything on facebook or spread the word so much until we are in the safer zone. I know many will be asking...I am often just telling people so far so good!! That I think lets people know....

Oh...many might wonder what FET stands for...Frozen Embryo Transfer....so we will see...which works better....Fresh or frozen!!:)
Image result for frozen embryo transfer comics

Anyway, off for my daily progesterone shot....fun fun!  Night all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment