Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Transfer day!!

This day has really snuck up on me this time!!  I feel pretty good right now.  Just had breakfast, enjoying a team outside before heading over to the clinic.  I was more nervous and emotional last night for some reason...maybe the hormones, maybe nerves, maybe the half a bottle of wine....who knows!:) 

Our trip has been pretty good so far.  Good flight, some issues with our car rental; which CAA will be hearing about later.  All and all...the travel here was good.  It's a bit surreal being back recognizing some places, seeing some newer areas.  I find travelling in general is surreal, almost a dream...or dream state.   Maybe that' s just me and being a fairly routine person.    The weather is gorgeous...cool nights and along the coast but warm and sunny afternoons.  This trip is a bit more low key. When I think about our last time here we packed ALOT into our time...we saw a lot of things. We have some plans but taking a bit more relaxed. 

Yesterday we did a hike near thousand oaks which was really nice....up to a look out where you could see mountains, the valley etc.  It's pretty......but home is so pretty too.   This area of Cali has us beat with elevation but we have them beat with colours and lushness.....  Nature is quite amazing!   After relaxing by the pool...we were off to the clinic.  I had an appointment for an ultrasound to check my lining thickness and do blood work. All looks great.  The lining thickness is important for the transfer.  The thicker the better so to speak. It gives the embryo somewhere nice to "call home":)  The bloodwork is check my estrogen and progesterone levels...to see if I need to up my dosage.. Thanks goodness no!

We also took a drive in our convertible...yes...we rented one again...what the hell!  Dennis got to drive his "most favourite road ever" through the mountain to the pacific coast highway. Let's say it's very windy/curvy and I had to remind him he wasn't in a video game!:)  Again.....gorgeous views...some new things...some the same.  We went along the water to Venice beach and walked around there. You see a lot of interesting people in a place like Venice...  It takes all sorts to make the world go round!!

So....wish us luck...fingers and everything crossed would be great.  I will explain what happens today in my next post for those who are interested.  Hope everyone is well....

picture from our room
moutains in background

1 comment: