Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Shot shot shot shot.....

Part of the regimen is injections of Progesterone and estrogen.   The estrogen is twice a week and started a week or so before transfer to get my hormones aligned appropriately.   It 0.2ml.

Progesterone I started a few days before the transfer. It is 2 ml and daily....so my butt is bit of a pin cushion.  Progesterone is sometimes called the  pregnancy hormone as it's levels are important before and during pregnancy.  In a nut shell the two hormones help the uterus prepare for and maintain the fertilized egg. 
http://www.resolve.org/about-infertility/understanding-my-body/progesterone-and-pregnancy-a-vital-connection.html
With previous IUI's and my first own egg IVF I used suppositories.  They work just as well but really are quite messy and "oozy".  I had a choice this go around to do them.  I chose to stick with the IM injections.  It worked last time and is a lot cleaner.  Yes, my buttocks feels  like a pin cushion and probably is a nice blue haze but it's all worth it. 

Below is my set up, calendar to keep track on which "cheek" is up that day, syringes, draw up needle, injecting needles and drugs.  The second picture are my Tuesday/ Friday shots!  Fun fun!

For anyone contemplating IVF of some sort don't let this scare you please.   I too was nervous and didn't think I could do it.  But, we are all stronger than we think...I have learned that.  You can do it! There are challenging times, even when it's going well....but that's normal. It's okay to be scared, to be emotional, to think...seriously...why I am I dealing with this.  BUT...bottom line...it's worth it.  Each story is different but we all are warriors....and can conquer anything...  Night !

No comments:

Post a Comment