Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Emotional good bye

I thought I would hold it together but....who was I kidding. I am an emotional person to begin with, plus on hormones....so yes....saying bye to Callen was challenging.  He of course had no clue and didn't really want hugs....waving bye bye grinning ear to ear.  He's in good hands and I know it......just weird being away from him.  It must be a female or mom thing....Dennis says he'll miss him but he was fine leaving.   It's different for him. I spent every day, every hour with Callen for so long.  I still sometimes find it strange dropping him off at day care.  :)    Dennis says that in 10 years I will be pushing them to grandparents so we can get away....maybe so. It's just that first lengthy time apart, not knowing how it will go.    I know this is good and we will all have fun.  I know my parents are thrilled to spend time with Callen....we will see how they feel after 10 days of not sleeping in!:)

It's such  a different feeling going this time....more relaxed right now.  Exciting to go back to some of to the places we went to pre Callen and to explore some new. 

Waiting at the airport to board our flight to Toronto...then off to L.A. for us.  All packed up, probably with too much stuff...oh well.  Looking forward to some sunshine to give us good luck.  Thanks again for everyone's love and support along our journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment