Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Midwife vs O.B.....

I have always like the idea of a midwife.  Many friends and family have raved to me over the years about the personal touch, the consistency of care, the time they take to be with you and the follow up post delivery.  Like many things, I put in an application as soon as we got a positive.  You hear of many who do not get in. It wouldn't have been the end of the world...I am okay with an OB as well....but was leaning toward midwife.

So...we got a call! Yay!  Then we thought....should we..with the bleed and time off needed...am I considered high risk?  Consulted SOFT and were reassured that by time they stopped following me the bleed should be resolved. So...up to me which route I would like to take.  Doesn't mean when they hear more of my history they might decide I should be followed by someone else..or that if issues arise they can't /won't refer me to an O.B.

So...we have our first appointment at Womancare Midwives in a week or two...http://midwives.on.ca/  yay!!

Oh...our due date.  I for some reason did some weird counting and thought April...but nope..March 23rd!!  With IVF it isn't as easy as counting from your last period.  So...in a few weeks we will start to celebrate more and plan for some excitement in 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment