Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

Scarier moment...take two....again all good.

Warning...for some this may be TMI...but I will try and not be too bad.   So, the other morning I had some of those mild sharp twinges again. Okay...might just get some spotting is what I thought.  On the way to work...I had that period bleeding feeling...sometimes you just can feel it.  Ladies understand.  Problem was...it was consistent.  Walking into work my capris (which thank goodness were black) felt damp.  I was scared and shaky.  In the washroom my worries and feelings were right.  My underwear was soaked and I as bleeding heavy and I passed a large "clot"...  It reminded me of my miscarriage...so I was sure that was it. I know that two days earlier everything was fine...but it was just too familiar.  So much rushes through your mind then....did I do something wrong?  Is this really happening?? I don't think I can do this again/anymore....this is it.

So, we left work and went to SOFT. They are amazing. As soon as Brad saw me he knew something was wrong.  He reassured me it was probably okay.  Dennis had thought maybe it was the embryo that didn't implant...hard to know.  So, in for another ultrasound with Shelly (who is so amazing!).  Our embryo was/is still there...phew!!   AND....we got to hear a heart beat. Two days ago she said she could see some movement but not detect the beat.  So cool!! 120 beats per minute.  So...what was the bleeding? Who knows...the main thing is everything again is good.   They said no need to change how I do anything, business, life as usual.  So after changing my clothes...I went on with the rest of day.

Thanks to my colleagues who are reading this and saw me that day.  Your support and hugs mean the world to me on this roller coaster journey!

Happy long weekend everyone.  Have a drink for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment