Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Taking it easy

Been an interesting few days on "limited activity".  Apparently my body subconsciously didn't think I could do this limited activity thing because Thursday night I started getting a sore throat!  So yes....I have been fighting a cold and really not feeling like doing a whole lot.  The plus is I didn't feel guilty being home from work and resting since I was already here!  A couple good sleeps and I do feel much better.

The interesting part has been my stomach..Sunday I started to feel a bit queasy but wasn't sure if it was from the cold or not.  I am pretty sure it is some mild nausea now as some foods just don't interest me and my stomach is up and down being churny.  Not complaining...just amazing what our body does.  For example, Dennis' pork chop which he said was delicious the other night smelled like canned dog food! hmmm!   I am eating pretty well though...just figuring out what and when are good times.  I have a prescription for diclectin from my doctor just in case but doubt I will need it.  If it gets bad I am going to try acupuncture first.  Otherwise, feeling good.  I have been taking it easy reading, watching TV, went to our ball teams tournament and kept score.  So, "bed rest" hasn't been too bad.

Funny part is...Fozzy, our cat is also on restricted duties.  Friday I noticed him limping around, not putting weight on his back paw.  To the vet we go...likely a sprained ligament in his knee. So, anti inflammatory medication, limited activity and ice for him.  Dennis is like...great...another one needing nightly shots(his is orally) and bed rest!!:)

So, back to SOFT on thursday for an ultrasound to see how the subchorionic bleed is.  I have had no bleeding since last wednesday so I would say that is a good sign.  If all is good, I can get back to work and normal activity.   yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment