Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

Beta battle follow up!

Today I was up and at SOFT before work for my blood work.  Follow up test of my beta to make sure it is increasing.  I was a bit nervous.  Thursday's number was good...but who know.  Message on my phone mid morning.......1512!!!  This is really good and shows things are coming along well.  Phew!  Another  step further.  There are a few milestones to get by in my head...then I will celebrate more!

If you are interested here is a web page explaining HCG a bit more.  http://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html


As for how I am doing...not too bad.  I find I am tired by late afternoon and have been napping more than usual. That being said Dennis still naps more.:)   Those that know Dennis will not find it a surprise at all.   

Spoke with the nurse at SOFT today about getting back to activity.   The internet and literature gives mixed messages. You don't want to overdue it but you don't want to gain inappropriate weight either...both are not healthy.   Sounds like I am getting the go ahead...but encouraged to avoid too much jogging, or to break it up into a walk/jog.  This is more to do with what we have gone through to get here.  The basic concept is listen to your body. If you are tired, rest.  Normally many of us push through feeling tired.  Now I have to listen better and take a break.    So that is what I will do.  I know there are those of you who feel I will do too much, knowing how much I enjoy and need to exercise. Please breathe easy and know I can do this and will listen to my body....but know I won't sit around and do nothing!:)

Today was also back to work. I was a bit nervous and unsure how I would feel. Everyone was great and my caseload is higher level-ish.  It will be busy but is manageable. I was starving by lunch but my fatigue didn't hit me till I was home... Other than that....really no other symptoms right now.....

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot! GREAT beta!! I just got on now and I am so incredibly pleased with this news! Please keep us all posted and great plan to listen to your body! :) - Monica

    ReplyDelete