Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Transfer!!

Yesterday was transfer day and I was nervous.... Not because of procedure itself really.. It is pretty brief. Just the whole thing.
Anyway,  after another crazy Canyon drive one last time we went to the clinic.   I was supposed to have a comfortably full bladder.   I suck at that!!   My four year old bladder is a bad judge,  plus it was like two hours later the we had the transfer... So I peed a lot and drank a lot of water. Apparently your bladder refills even fifteen minutes... Interesting.

Before the transfer we met with an embryologist who explained everything.   19retrieved, 15 good,   three quarters they used ICSI,  the rest conventional.  First picture is of our embryos.   Top is ICSI.   We took one from it and one from conventional... Yes two in.   Three to freeze.... Three more potentials today if they grow enough.
Transfer itself is easy.  After a valium (the protocol to relax my lining),  speculum  in, catheter in,  and insert.   Lie for ten minutes and good bye.   Second pic is my ultrasound.. Little tiny dot.... Are the embryos... Hard to see on a. Picture of a picture.   Now I have to the it easy for a week.... As Dennis said his mode!!    Just no running,  abdominal work... Stuff like that.   

Feeling good.   Long day yesterday as we went to an Angels game... Jays lost but it was fun.   On the road heading north today...

1 comment:

  1. Glad the transfer went well! Thinking of you guys! Enjoy the rest of your trip!- Monica

    ReplyDelete