Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Home now....

We arrived home yesterday afternoon after a long night of plane rides, lay overs and driving back across the border.    It is always nice to come home. Our cats definitely missed us and haven't really left us alone since we have returned.  I am sure they got lots of attention while we were away...but guess it is never the same.

This week is back to reality for Dennis...he's at work...and likely very tired.  I am off one more week.  The first two weeks post transfer/IVF/IUI are a good time to relax, take it easy and let nature run its course.  Yes, with "normal" conception you wouldn't know at this time that you might be pregnant and would carry on with business as usual.  In this case...I am playing it safe and taking the extra time.  As most of you know work is very busy and can be quite physically demanding.  So...my week consists of a blood work a couple days, a few appointments and some relaxing.  There are things I should be doing..but i am trying to be good and not do them.
How do I feel?  Good...tired...but hard to know what from.  Past few days been getting these crampy feeling and little "zings" I would call them every once in awhile. Told Brad, the SOFT nurse today and he said "good"...so I assume...that is a good sign!:)  They told me I was glowing today there too...maybe because of my tan or maybe because I wasn't bawling and emotional for the first time in awhile there!:)  They are just an amazing group, so supportive and really have become like family over this journey.

Anyway..this week is our Beta......We have talked about it and will probably let those who have been following this know either way what happens.  That being said please remember this very early in the game....like the pee on the stick early in the game.  So....a positive will be awesome...but not out of the woods yet!!  So...keep those positive thoughts coming....

Here are a few peaceful pictures of our trip.....help me keep calm....and chive on...as Dennis and Kyle would say!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safe and sound! Still with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above comment from Martha!

    ReplyDelete