Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2014

IVF cycle...take two

Another busy summer 2012 was! It wasn't what I thought it would be like earlier in the year but we again enjoyed life as a couple with ball games, tournaments, golfing, visits with family & friends, weddings, camping,  and yes the motorcycles!!

Mid August I started the medication protocol for our second IVF cycle. By early September I had started the injections...even stronger this time..so more emotional, weepy and tired and more poor me moments! woot woot!!

Unfortunately, our IVF cycle was transitioned to an IUI.  My day 3 and 6 ultrasounds showed only 2 follicles. They were getting bigger but 2 wasn't enough to proceed with IVF.  This was likely related to my declining ovarian reserve and my body still adjusting to everything that had happened over the past half year. I was really bumbed. I had in  my head this was our "last hurrah" and if the IVF didn't work...move on, but it wasn't a full IVF so did that count?  I was at a huge physical and mental breaking point.  Even the nurses at SOFT noticed it and suggested I talk to someone about it.  I wasn't opposed to that.  I also took 2 weeks off work (booked already because of the IVF) and had some me time and some Ethan & Marci and a bit of Allan time.

The positive of this IUI.....Dennis' numbers were up!! Higher than we had ever seen them...which is awesome.  What next though??  If no luck with this IUI we had a few options 1)monitor my cycles and do a short IVF protocol (no suppressing...just ramping up what my body naturally does)-->which could be transferred to stimulated IUI's if not enough follicles. 2) Start adoption   3) A new idea we hadn't thought of...egg donor...


No comments:

Post a Comment