Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Time for a break...

After finding out we wouldn't be starting the California protocol this next cycle we decided we would try another round...why not. They say after even a month off your body can have more success.  We ended up starting a short cycle IVF protocol with all the hormone injections it came with.  In the end we switched to an IUI again.  I had 3-4 good size follicles and Dennis' numbers were good! If it was going to work....this time should have been it. I really thought it was going to!!  Unfortunately, it did not.

After that cycle I decided I needed a break...for awhile....both physically and mentally.  If we are going to do the California egg donor...I needed to be 100% into it and ready.  Making the decision to take a break for me was still hard...despite my need for rest.  Part of me felt like I was giving up, wasting time.  We could still be trying, still have a chance...each month that goes by is a waste! I realize this isn't true but our minds do go in circles sometime.  Many people who knew we were doing this would say "You can still practice"  "You never know".  It is true...you never know...but for us to conceive naturally with no drugs and help would be one friggin' miracle!!

So, I have to say...it has been nice having my life back so to speak.  Nice not to be taking medication and ensuring I have my medication or needles with me before leaving the house.  I am still hormonal....what woman isn't?  But I think my highs & lows are better....I think:)  (Don't ask Dennis...might be a different story).  We have basically decided our next steps will be prepping for the California protocol.  We have looked at more profiles but are sticking with our original choice.




In my last post I alluded to things happen for a reason.  As most of you reading this blog know I accepted a job with the Spinal Cord injury program.  I start in a couple weeks!!  When this post came up I was at a point where I needed a change, a new aura to be around and a new challenge.  I at first wasn't sure but as I got thinking about it, I thought why not.   I say things happen or a reason because I am unsure I would have applied if I had already been pregnant...who knows....  Either way, it is a great move for me and I am very excited.  Sad to leave my current colleagues...yes a bit nervous...but it feels right...time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment