Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2014

Who will win the Beta battle this time?

Dec 2012

We had to wait two weeks to find out if our IVF was successful or not.  My week off was great relaxing, doing things for me and visiting with some great friends.  Then it was back to work as usual.  Remarkably I was actually pretty calm, feeling hopeful and peaceful.  I tried to focus on prayer, positive  imagery and rubbing my fertility rock (lent to me from a wonderful friend who got it from a huge fertility rock in Ireland) and holding a beautiful newborn!  Hey...You never know!!

So...the big day arrives.  I go for blood work and get a call later... POSITIVE!!  Beta was 298...which is nice and high...could mean twins...or not.   (I had suspicions...but wasn't 100%) We were so excited...and shocked...it worked! Yes, it was early...but I had never been pregnant before...not even a less than 5 beta!!  Because of our journey it wasn't as much of a secret about our pregnancy.  Many of you knew because you had been with us through the whole IVF process.  We did keep it hush within this group though...until we knew for sure.

One thing that touched me huge was the reaction from the SOFT staff the next time I was in.  Everyone was hugging me, tearing up....they are such a compassionate group.  So...my beta kept going up...744!!  Overall I was feeling good.  I was tiring easier, having naps,  had an aversion to anything like turkey or stuffing, a bit of cramps at times and yes my boobs were bigger!  It was scary to feel so excited!!


January 9, 2013
A perk of going to SOFT is they do the first few ultrasounds and you get to see things on the big TV..so cool!!  They do an early detection Ultrasound (internal one) at about 7 weeks.. It is really cool!!!  We found out then that one had not survived...but that was okay...everything looked great!  It was 1.3 cm long and we could see the "brain bubble" and arm paddles!  The US tech is lovely and amazing.  She let us take pictures with Dennis' phone and record the heart beat 155 bpm.  We were told that everything looked as it should. After a good 7 week Ultrasound the chance of miscarriage was low...like 5%!!





No comments:

Post a Comment