Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2014

IVF..can I do this?

Back to the story...sorry it is taking a lot longer than I had anticipated.  As you all know I like to talk...so writing....yeah..it's the same:)  Feel free to let me know if I am boring you or rambling too much.  I just feel knowing our whole story will help the current stuff make more sense.  If you think of someone you know who is struggling with a similar issue and you think this might help them...let me know.  Or refer them to SOFT....the SOFT people have so many miracle babies...they have the HUGE wall with hand & footprints of all their success stories...quite inspirational!   This is one of 3 or 4 boards I think by now.  It fills up fast!!





Okay..I digress....
So...we had planned on a few IUI's but due to my cycle been irregular and vacations/being away we missed a few.  That was another challenge...timing.  It was hard to plan things, be available for blood work, ultrasound, etc and still plan holidays. We often found ourselves waiting and doing last minute things...or hoping it would work out.   So...by this time we had talked and decided if we are going to put our money and effort into one thing....IVF was next.  I really struggled with this decision. We both wanted to pursue it...but ultimately it was my decision, my body.  I was scared and nervous....I only knew a bit about IVF from movies, books....heard horror stories of you losing control of your body from all the hormones...and could I really inject myself??  After reading up and talking to a friend who had gone through the process I realized I could do this. I would have to be dedicated yes and deal with some potential side effects...but this would mean our own baby!!  I wanted no regrets before moving on.  So...we let SOFT know and started the monitoring and planning with them...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story and your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne it is very brave of you to share your journey with us! Thank you for letting us be a small part of it with you! Know that you are not alone and have so many prayers, good wishes, and shoulders to lean on always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne,

    Thanks for letting me in to read about the journey. We need to have another wine night soon! I love the miracle baby board... such a great piece of positivity and a visual reminder that miracles do happen. Love and hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete